This training programme will equip participants to take effective and accurate minutes that reflect the discussions and decisions that have taken place in a meeting. It consists of two half days and between these sessions participants are asked to practice by watching a recording of a meeting and minuting an item.
- Be clear on the importance of accurate minutes and their use for scrutiny and regulation
- Know what to minute, how to format minutes and how to use an appropriate style
- Have a plan for ensuring they are prepared for the meeting
- Know how to minute debate, challenge, action points and decisions and deal with confidential items
- Be clear on the steps after the meeting
- Practise their skills in listening, note taking and minute taking
- Know how to apply best practice